Saturday 4 April 2015

A pair of Blues

Evening all, I'm back again, bit like a bus me really hey?  Hope you're enjoying a few extra days off, thats if you're lucky enough to and thinking of those in the 24/7 services.

Well what's new?  I'm learning knitting!  I'm actually doing ok!  Several have tried to teach me but it just didn't click.  The ladies at a dementia day centre tried and laughed lots that I just couldn't get it, my Nan has attempted a few times without success but Miss Mookins started knitting club at home and she could do it I thought I'd better learn so I can actually help her.  Had a mooch round you tube and what I found is that there are lots of different ways and I had too search around until I found one I could follow, I think its very much each to their own and you'll find one that suits you.  I'm currently making a headband/ear warmers, only a couple of holes so far so I'm getting better!

Anyway I have 2 cards for you tonight.  Yes I'm joined again by Miss Moo who loves colouring in all my images, stash raider!

The first one is a new image called Mornings by Jeremiah Ketner available as a digi from Crafts & Me.  I LOVED colouring this one in, I could see her as a monotone but she looks awesome in any colour combo, have fun with this one as she is a pleasure to colour. I did this one with promarkers.
I asked on the Facebook group how I should put the card together, lots of bitty bobs or keep it simple and the latter was the consensus.  The white card I just doodled on with an acrylic pen.  The stars I filled in with a sakura glue pen and added glamour dust crystal glitter, I also added to the flowers.  I went round the edges with distress inks as this makes the image pop out.  I use the distress ink tool and pads and pull from the outside in starting with the lightest colour (broken china) and ending with black, I don't have a black distress so just use the brilliance ink.




I'd like to enter into....







Next up is one from Miss Moo who has informed me she is now 6 and 3/4!  She loves entering challenges, she gets so excited reading her comments.  She was let loose with some flexmarkers, think she did a great job, she's very funny about going over the lines and tuts at me when I do haha!  This one is Glowing Love Boy by Sara Burrier from Crafts & Me.  The background is a fab set also from Crafts & Me here.  They're lovely printables, this one was coloured a different way so I use an online editor like Pixlr and change the colour settings then save a new version.  That way the papers go much further and you will always have something that matches your project as if you're anything like me you always colour first then rummage round trying to find things to match!




Molly would like to enter into....





Thanks for stopping by x 


20 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Molly! I just love your card! The background papers are awesome and that fun image is beautifully colored! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Darlene said...

WOW! Miss Moo did a FABULOUS job! Molly your coloring is PERFECT ... great job of staying inside the lines! Pretty, pretty design too! Keep up the AMAZING work!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Come Fly With Me’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Teresa said...

Hi Molly ... just stopping over to see your card and let you know how cute it is and thank you too for sharing it with all of us on the RRR Things with Wings challenge this month. Happy Easter!

Dewi Lestari said...

It's fantastic! Thanks for joining at Creatalicious: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Janice said...

Both beautiful cards! Amazing colouring of the first image nd I love the distressed inky edges too. With such a stunning image the card needed little else! Perfect for our. Birthstone challenge at MAWTT.

Next Molly, your card is so sweet too honey, your colouring is almost as good as your Mums and you have done so well keeping in the lines. Think your Mum had better watch as you will be pinching all her stash! Lol, Jx

Hope Easter bunny called!

Jo Ann said...

Great card...Love the way you colored the first image...Thanks for linking up with us at 613 Avenue Create. We have a new Challenge going on and I hope you join us again. Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Two awesome cards! Thanks for joining in my colour challenge at Passion for Promarkers, good luck! Juliex

MIE(Mieko) said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
Mieko xx

Karen Letchworth said...

What a cute little winged fairy. Thanks so much for sharing in our Things With Wings Challenge. It's so nice to have you play along with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh love both the cards they are brilliant. Love Molly Moos cute one lots, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazel (Didos)

Caryn said...

Both cards are fabulous, the colouring is awesome.
Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you for entering our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz with this self-made card, Molly! Love these rich tones and your skills at this age are really impressive. Hope to see your creations again!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Love the background paper. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

karalschuknecht said...

Great cards and beautiful coloring. I love the blues on the first card. Thanks for joining us this week t Brown Sugar Challenges. Karal DT

Anonymous said...

What a great take on the challenge. So creative : ) I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Crafteezee said...

Hi Vix, hope your well. Love your choice of image and coloured beautifully and your right looks good coloured and monochrome.

I see Molly is growing up fast and following in her mother's footsteps, lol.
Thanks for joining us at Noor Design UK for our Anything Goes challenge.
Tracy x

Owner - Noor Design UK


Melanie said...

Great cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Francesca Lopez said...

Cute card! Thank you for joining us over at Cute As A Button Stamps Challenge. Hope you join us again and good luck. - Francesca, owner

Vicky said...

Gorgeous cards Vix hun, love your colouring on her. Love Missy Molly's card too, both awesome cards.
Thank you for joining us over at Noor Design Uk, good luck & hope you will join us next month.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Vally'sWorld said...

Great card!!!! Thanks for joining us over at Cute As A Button Stamps