Friday 2 January 2015

Back in the land of blogging

Evening all!  I'm back again lol!  Thought I'd get more time in the winter, nope still a busy busy bee, think you really have to make time rather than expect to find it!
Still loving life in Wales, we've explored lots and lots, have our favourite places.  We've been out on the boat quite a bit, I discovered my sea sickness even when the sea is as smooth as glass.  I used to be in the Royal Navy Reserves as well go figure!  We even saw the dolphins swim past us *Squuuuuuueeeeeeeeee*  I'd been looking for them since we moved here and I saw them yay!  I love going over to Penmon Point in Anglesey, it has THE most awesome rock pooling going.  I could spend all day rock pooling!
Its funny we moved right by a beach in Colwyn Bay but you'd hardly ever find me there as I like pottering round the rocks, Colwyn Bay is a long expanse of sand and more sand so we pootle over to Penrhyn Bay and go crab fishing or The Beacons in Conwy, I love The Beacons especially when the tide is freshly out and the sand is new, it feels almost tropical.

Anyway other news is I'm having a nail biting time, I've been back to Uni for a course to qualify as a Best Interests Assessor so am a bag of nerves now as we get the results of the essay on the 9th, I haven't written an essay since 1999!

Kids are doing well, settled into school.  Ethan is completely and utterly fixated on Minecraft, if he's not playing it he's watching tutorials on you tube and sucking all the bandwidth! 
Molly has been colouring and getting quite good at it too so bought her a set of Crayola pens, not bad quality hey, not happy about letting her loose on my promarkers just yet though!

Hope you all had a good Christmas and wishing you all a fab New Year!

Anyway I made a card, yes I did!  I'm also 3/4 way through colouring another image, well I have been off work since xmas eve so have had a little more time!
This is a Tiddlyinks stamp called Dark Queen.  We got Maleficent on 3d for Xmas and I highly recommend, fantastic film. 
I coloured with promarkers and added some coloursoft pencil.  The trees are hand sketched with promarkers and blender pen, wanted them as a blurry background type effect.  I then edged with distress inks, doesn't half make the image stand out when you do that!
Clock is a die cut and I've added dots of glitter, gems, dyed lace and some flowers, the big ones are also dyed with moonshadow ink which I them cooked in the convection cooker to speed up drying hehe!  Papers are from god only knows stack, I have that many I lose track of which is which!  I punched a border on the brown one too.
I had some challenges in mind for this which I've listed below.  Hope you like and hopefully I'll be back again a lot sooner!

 

 


I'd like to enter into...

Passion for Promarkers - Mega Christmas Challenge - OMG girls, I had to keep checking back on the grid thinking dang I've not got a line yet haha!  I'm going with 3 lines now after all that and have "punches, glitter and blooms" and also the middle line of "gems, free and lace or die cut, free and glitter"

I Love Promarkers - Anything goes
Crafty Catz - Anything goes
Divas by Design - Anything goes
Simon says stamp - Anything goes
Creative Card Crew - Anything goes
Corrosive Challenge - Anything goes

13 comments:

ursula Uphof said...

Love your card and the background you made. Interesting. Sounds like you live in a beautiful area. Have a wonderful 2015. Ursula xxx

Juls said...

Hi lovely to see you back, have missed your lovely creations - I love the sound of life by the sea :-) ... This card is stunning, amazing colouring hugs Juls :-) xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Vix and your colouring is a-mazing, such dramatic detail that looks stunning! LOL at you initially struggling with the grid, I had exactly the same issue! Thank you for entering our Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion for Promarkers and I wish you and your family all the best for 2015! :) Donna ♥ x

The Crafty Den said...

Beautiful card Vixykins. Thank you so much for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Good luck and Happy New Year! Hugs, Denise x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

This is a stunning card love the frame in lace. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers challenge good luck Ginny x

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Love that image! Your coloring is fabulous!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Sandra H said...

Beautiful is your card xx

Teresa said...

Vix stunning card as always, you always amaze me with your colouring,sounds like your loving life,
good luck with your paper you deserve it Teresa xxx

Ella's Design said...

Seems we have a lot in common, Vix! I too live in Wales (though a bit further inland, not far from Bala), I also have a Minecraft addict in my youngest son who would rather watch YouTube videos than the telly and I too am a Promarker!
Love your fab colouring on that brilliant shadow box card and your coloured background is just amazing! Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas Chalenge at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

Unknown said...

wow! totally stunning hun, love everything about it xx Thank you for joining us over at http://divasbydesignchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
Sandie (Divas by Design DT)
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

Andie's Space said...

Hi Vix,
Oh wow! Love this fabulous card. Your colouring is stunning. Thanks for joining in the Mega Xmas challenge at Passion For Pomarkers.
Hugs,
Andie xx

ccroll said...

Really cool card! Love how you made the scene!

XOXO
Christy/
Tiddly

Do you want to come share it here? https://www.facebook.com/groups/tiddlyinksstamps/

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and mysterious card for our first challenge this year! Love it! Thank you for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz and please come back on Friday to find out who is the winner. Good luck!
Hugs,
Anna xxx