Saturday 24 May 2014

Daisy and Dee Dee

Evening all!  I'm trying to figure out how to use the new fangled blogger, I dont do change very well and I've been M.I.A for a while so I'm somewhat lost!  I'm also very rusty on the laptop, I use a PC and smart phone so this is bugging me lol!

I also need a tidy up as I'm on no design teams anymore, just dont have time as I have to do that other activity called work!  I'll get round to it as you do...

Well this week I've had my Nan up here for holidays, she booked herself into a hotel in Llandudno, she stayed at my house over xmas and we've plenty of room but I think she finds it stressful being nearly 94 and our house has 2 noisy kids and 2 noisy smelly dogs so this time she booked into a hotel so I've been popping over to see her.  We've been up to Bodnant Gardens and she walked 95% of it, very impressed given her age!  We tootled over to Tir Prince today as she was bemoaning that Llandudno doesnt have a market so where bigger than Tir Prince?  She bought a bag of toffees and a ham sandwich!
I've also been learning those loom band things this week that all the little girls are into, Mollys got an armful of them now.

I have 2 to share tonight!  I haven't used my pens since before I moved last October so wasn't sure if I could still do it as well so had a play with Dee Dee by Hannah Lynn using promarkers and flexmarkers and a dab of colorsoft pencil.  I had a raging headache all day when I finally put the card together during a respite of a couple of hours so the colours are a little funky ha!
I also had a mooch round some challenges and saw Passion for Promarkers wanted die cuts.  I really couldnt remember how to use my cuttlebug so had to have a couple of goes before it all came flooding back! Its their 5th anniversary too!  Happy Anniversary girls :)



She's on a base of Kraft with a Kraft die cut swirl and some very bright stripy DP which is a die cut doily which Ive no idea what possessed me to buy as the paper stays in the holes on the die and I have to pole them out!

I'd like to enter Dee Dee into the following challenges



This little lady below is Daisy who I coloured ages ago and she survived the move so she finally made it onto a card a couple of weeks ago!  Flowers are WOC which have been sat in the delivery box for a year, how bad is that!!!  Anyway I'm pretty much unpacked now, well my regular crafty bits are, I have waaaay too many stamps!




14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hello hun, it really is you! how lovely to have you back with us and sharing your creativity, Jo x

Ella's Design said...

Welcome back to Blogland, Vix! (and welcome to Wales too! I live not far from Bala!) Love both of your pretty cards! Fantastic colouring of that sweet Hannah Lynn image and great use of the bright colours! In contrast, I adore the blue and pink colour combo of your Daisy card and the soft floral embellishments..2 really lovely cards!
Thanks for joining in with our Anniversary challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers and I hope you get some more crafty time! Lisa x

Simko said...

Lovely card with beautifully colored image. Thank you for joining us this month at Bearly-Mine Designs "Flowers" challenge and good luck in the draw. Hope we see you again!
Hugs,
Simona (DT)

Sandra H said...

Oh how wonderful are your creations they are just so beautiful and perfect in every way and it's really nice to see you popping up in blogland again x

Dawn said...

Not just one but two beautiful cards!
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Shelly said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Truly a work of art!!

Thank you for sharing with us at Die Cuttin Divas!
Shelly

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Vix, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your die cuts are perfect. Thanks for joining in with our special 5th anniversary challenge this week at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Welcome back to crafting after your break - you definitely haven't lost your touch x x

Unknown said...

Lovely card . Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

Juls said...

so lovely to see you blogging again, you have been missed!! Fabulous creation, inspirational as always!! Hugs Juls

Wendy said...

Love both your cards they are absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas this week.
Wendy xx

Artesania said...

Beautiful colouring and elegant card design ,thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love ProMarkers this week .Good luck!
Hugs Gudrun DT

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card, and stunning colouring, Thank you for joining us BearlyMine Designs this time, good luck. hugs Jackie DT

Natascha said...

I love your colorful cards with your lovely details. Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge Flowers. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs and good luck,
Natascha

Loopygigglebuns said...

Gorgeous as always vix.