Saturday 10 September 2011

Crafty Cardmakers & holiday at Rhosydd Bach

Good Evening all!  Now back from a great holiday on the Lleyn Peninsula in Wales.  We decided on a last minute holiday as Molly had never had one except the odd camping weekend here and there and I was very lucky to get one as at place called Rhosydd Bach.  I've never been the peninsula before so thought it would be a nice change of scenery and Rhosydd Bach is a few miles away from Pwllheli in the countryside.  Me & OH are not the type to enjoy big caravan parks with the inbuilt entertainment and watching your neighbours have breakfast, in fact its something we both loathe and we looked at some farm sites but they were just that, farms so when I came across Rhosydd Bach which is a farm site with chickens and ducks *but* it is fully equipt for kids with its own playground, trampoline and toys and it was perfect for us as we wanted somewhere peaceful for us but also somewhere the kids wouldnt be ored stiff and we found just that, its also a short hop to get to anywhere around the peninsula where its based so we did a lot of exploring, went to 5 beaches, my favourite was Morfa Nefyn, the sea is sooooo blue, the kids seemed to enjoy Llanbedrog and Black Rock sands the most, Llanbedrog is a little bit more intimate and Black Rock Sands is perfect for a whole day at the beach as you can drive onto the beach so can go fully laden.  Some piccies - I highly recommend this area and particularly Rhosydd Bach to stay, its stunning, not too touristy (unless you go into Pwllheli or Porthmadog at a weekend!)


Morfa Nefyn - On North side on Peninsula, clean and sandy with facilities (toilets/ice cream/cafe) close by
 The kids mugged a lady for a ride in her boat, they're so cheeky!  This was at Black Rock Sands near Porthmadog which gets very busy at weekends and only has one narrow road down to it and is home to loads of camp sites so I would imagine its rammed on saturdays!  Has ice cream van and burger van on beach plus toilets nearby.  Drive straight onto the beach (£4 a day parking)

 We'd had the day at Llanbedrog beach which is a few miles down the peninsula from Pwllheli then decided to go for fish & chips - in Cricceth!  Was intending to stay there for tea but Ethan fell over and Mols needed a wee so we came back! 
Mols and Ethan saying hello to Matilda the Duck.  She wags her tail when you say hello to her and she apparently steals the farm dogs' food by pecking them lol!
 Beautiful sunset I saw from the decking on the caravan and indeed it was a gorgeous day the day after.
I'd bought a £1.99 kite and attempted to fly it that morning - unsuccessfully!  One of the gentleman in the cottages who came past for a stroll must have been amused to see me at 9am in my PJ's trying repeatedly to launch this thing.  Bit later on we went into Pwllheli and I bought a better version and met up with OH who'd been away on training and we finally got it into the air after restringing so this is Mols first flight of a kite!

We did so much that week, trains, fair, beaches, even found a play area when it was wet (Thats at the end of the prom in Cricceth in the cafe)  Loads more to go back for which we will, definately the perfect spot for us :)

Anyway you'd like to see a card?  Heres one I made for Crafty Cardmakers who's challenge this fortnight is "Summer Holiday Memories" so I've used a beach scene using the gorgeous Faye WHittaker stamp from Joanna Sheen.  I've coloured it with my new FLEXMARKERS - Oh yeah I'm loving these!  I used the antique white to blend and its given a really olde worlde look, love those pens!

  


15 comments:

Sheila said...

Stunning pics Vix! Sounds like my kinda holiday too so off to have a lookie for next year perhaps!! Love your card too - such a sweet image and fab colouring as usual from yourself! Sheila:)X Hope you are well and rested after your break :)

ElizabethR said...

One of my fave places to go and it's only an hour away. Great card xxx

Shazza said...

looks beautiful, just like your card x

Made by Mandy said...

Vix it looks lovely and really glad you all had a fab time.

Your card is gorgeous, love the faded effect, looks very Faye Whittaker-ish. I'm hoping to get some Flexmarkers fir my Burfday at the end of the month....its the big 4-0 :)

Love Mandy xxx

cockney blonde said...

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday. Piccies are brill, thanks for sharing. Love the card too, x

Holly Young said...

Loved your photos, and your card is wonderful. Lovely shells! thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge.

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout and great colors
Thanks for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Vix, so evocative & I love those shells :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Really pretty. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

chilli pip said...

Those holiday pics are great as is your card . What a lovely image and beautifully coloured but I think the best touch has to be those SA shells Ha ha

Amy Tidd said...

Lovely holiday pics! Love the card! Thanks for playing along with the first crafty boots challenge! Amyxx

Janice said...

Brilliant card, lovely colouring of a great image & I love the addition of shells. Jx

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love this card.

Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

Dionne

Andrea said...

Thanks for sharing your pics and info on your holiday destination - we've been in that area but must take a look at that park - sounds just up our street too - we enjoy caravan holidays but don't take part in the park entertainment!
Love your card with the added seashells.
Love, Andrea xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I've been trying to catch up with all of the posts I missed while I was on holiday. This card of yours really caught my eye. Your colour work is out of this world stunning. Beautiful! Hugs, Lesley