Thursday 30 June 2011

Happy Birthday at Crafts & Me

Its a birthday theme over at Crafts & Me this week and turn of the dynamite digi team to host and for this I've used one of the brand new digis called Deevonne which of course is by Hannah Lynn and will be released on 1st July.

I was in a colourful mood making this as one of my orange lilies just flowered so I went with really bright colours of orange, yellow and pinks.  I also found a freebie from Bearly mine which was the colours I had in mind and went with a stars and stripes theme.

Image is coloured with promarkers and derwent coloursoft pencil.  I've also added a pic of her in progress further down so you can see how the end result turns out from the seemingly messy start!

I'd like to enter this into...

Ellephantastic - Sketch
Craft Room Challenge - Summer Birthdays
Crazy Challenge - Beautiful Women
Daisy Doodles -Stars & Stripes
Ooh la la - Summer flowers
Birthday Sundaes = Stars & Stripes
Crafty Pad - Bold & Bright
Dream Valley - Ribbon


In progress!  I started with some blush and coral on the skin and my lightest yellow (buttercup) orange (amber) and pink (baby pink)  I then blend the skin with ivory and repeat adding in more colours like soft peach and sandstone and add darker shades to the yellow, orange and pink and use the lightest to blend.

I'm off down to a bike rally for the weekend tommoz and OH has just gone down to pick my bike up then he'll be riding it back, going back down in car so he can pick his bike back up!  He's bought me a Suzuki GSX750F his mate was selling so I just need to pass my test now lol!  It'll give us time to do any work needed but here she is!  They're known as The Teapot, you can see it lol!  What shall I call her?


22 comments:

Kim B said...

Fantastic Card, love the image too. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Chrissy said...

Both your girls are gorgeous. Love the hair colours on the first one, just a gorgeous card, and your girlie number two, well she's lovely too,but No idea for a name..maybe 'Suzi' the suzuki...lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx

lalkygirl said...

what a STUNNING card ,love the image and you have coloured her beautifully.pretty embellies too,thanks for joining us at ooh la la and good luck
tracey x

Juls said...

this is stunning!!! Love the combo of colours in her hair!! Hugs Juls

Shazza said...

oooh this is beautiful, love her hair. Nice bike too, enjoy your rally x

Zoechaos said...

Gosh what a sweet card lots of bright and cheerful layers going on. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge. XOXO Zoe

Lionelsa said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

aqualeiga said...

Stunning colouring, especially love the hair! So pleased you've entered our challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD with your beautiful creation.....thanks and good luck! Hugs, Ali x

Debbie said...

Stunning card and perfectly coloured. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

hazel said...

Fabulous card Vix - lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Anne-Marie said...

Your colouring is always amazin'....this is just too beautiful!

Maria said...

Wow, gorgeous card and beautifully coloured! I love the image you've used as well. Good luck, and thanks for joining us at the Craft-Room Challenge. Maria x

Esther said...

Fabulous colours and I love your colouring! Great summery card - Thanks for joining our Craft-Room Challenge...Esther xx

Joanne Gilch said...

Great stars and stripes for the DD challenge. Just proves that it doesn't always have to be red white and blue. Thank you for joining the challenge at Daisy Doodles.

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

I love this birthday card! Your coloring is amazing! It is such a beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Birthday Sundaes!
Amber

crafty amy said...

Hiya sweetie :D Wow this is gorgeous I love the candy colours and as always I adore the way you have coloured her hair.
That bike looks great I hope you pass your test soon so you can take it out.

Hugs

Amy xx

Anonymous said...

Fab card Vix, love that curly ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. And OOOOH what a lucky girl to get her own bike. I don't know what I would call it but I know I definitely won't be standing in front of you when you revv it up. ha ha ha. xx

Kendra said...

Great yellows, and nice job on the highlights for the hair! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful card with the Hannah Lynn image, I love her images! Your new bike looks like fun too!

Lin said...

Wow Vix, my Daughter would kill to have your image's hair, so gorgeous and vibrant!

Bet you can't wait to get astride that fabulous bike either.

Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley this time.

Lin xx

Mel said...

Stunning creation!
Love it all and the lovely ribbon detail! Love the image and the colours are just fab!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Dream Valley Challenges
Hugs Melly xxx

Ps I have CANDY if you fancy it!! xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful card! I want hair this colour! Hugs, Lesley