Thursday 3 December 2009

I made a box :D

Yes this is a major achievement for me! I don't really do boxes, they don't travel well and the presents I give are usually too bulky for a handmade box however not this year since falling into the "Addicted to beads" trap coz of Judie!
Took me a while to absorb the destructions, I was going to make a smaller one that Helen made on P4P blog but decided that would be too small for what I wanted it for so finally managed this 5" square one :D Whoop go me lol!
I'm entering this into the following challenges...
The image is Butterfly Swirl by Dewdrop Craftz coloured with Promarkers (fav medium) I love this stamp and wanted to see how she looked in christmas colours so here she is :)
Off the top of my head colours used were:
Face/skin - Ivory, blush, vanilla, oatmeal
Reds - Red, poppy, crimson
Greens - Meadow, grass, emerald, forest
Blender
The red parts on the wing and the crystal she is holding I have gone over with a copic spica glitter pen in clear so they're all sparkly, wish promarkers would make a glitter one, I'd be first in the queue!
I went round the image with versamagic aloe vera and towards the edges in brilliance pearlescent ivy also stamping the stars in the same and added an iridescent gem.
The papers used on the box are from bearly mine designer extreme III and I have attached a charm to the ribbon which is a tibetian silver made with love and the rest are beads from my now extensive stash including green and red crackle beads (sparkly!) gold stardust beads (sparkly!) and swarovski crystal AB beads (super sparkly!)
Thanks for looking!






17 comments:

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous box Vicky, I love that image and you've coloured her beautifully
thanks for joining us at PfP and good luck
don't forget to enter the blog candy on the weekend workshop too
Debbi
xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

Your box is great, Vicky! I've been wanting to make a box but like you usually the presents are too bulky for them.
Maybe soon, I'll find something perfect for boxes :)

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous box. Love the beads and the image is coloured to perfection!

Hugs

Kimmi xx

Juls said...

wow!! Just stunning!!

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning box, fab image beautifully coloured, thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

coldwaters2 said...

Totally gorgeous box I absolutely adore that image you have created such a beauty and thank you for sharing it with us at Digital Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Martine said...

beautiful box sweetie, wonderful papers and embellies, thanks so much for joining us over at Quixotic Challenges this week :)

xx

Martine

Ida / Little said...

Stunning colouring Vicky! The image is just so pretty and the box to, I love getting these, but hate making them :p Hehe. Thanks for joining us for the PfP X-mas challenge! :)

Hugs Ida

Craftbelle said...

Wonderful colouring on a fantastic image - I likey alot!

cockney blonde said...

Absolutely stunning Vix. I never seem to be able to make my boxes look this professional. Note to self...must try harder, x

The Crafty Den said...

Wow Vix what a stunning box. The image is beautiful and your colouring is perfect. The papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in our mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Annie said...

Fabulous - love the image and it's coloured to perfection.
Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant. Good luck and hope you'll join us again next week for our new challenge.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

tanjaak said...

Beautiful box. Thanks for joining our Christmas themed challenge at Stamp with Fun, hope to see you take part in the next one aswell.
hugs,Tanja

lisa said...

What a gorgeous box and that image is stunning. I must look out for her!! She looks great in her Christmas colours.
The box is almost a gift in itself it doesn't need anything inside!!

Lisax

Leah l'Orange said...

she is absolutely FANTASTIC, Vix. love the greens framing the image, and your little charm is just perfect! i, too, have a growing collection of beads that needs a serious purging - i may have to lift that idea!

Neet said...

Only one word to say about this - GORGEOUS!

Sylvia said...

This is such a beautiful box Vix, whoever receives this will surely love it.
<^..^>
xx