Wednesday 12 August 2009

Starburst stains!

I was going to enter this for Midnight Madness sketch challenge but I'm too late but hey ho I had fun doing sumfink different :D
Was giving a couple of my new starburst stains a run out!
Background is starburst stains in red hot poker orange and bachelor buttons blue. The orange has been overstamped with chinese text and the blue has been cuttlebug embossed and the little squares glued on. The flowers are leftovers from that and are known as lollipop flowers where you just rip, scrunch and place them on.
The image background is the 2 starburst stains swiped with gesso then more SS added then I stamped the bird from the simple expressions the orient plate on and embossed with moonglow midnight emerald EP



9 comments:

craftypagan said...

Wow! What a shame you missed the deadline for the challenge! It's absolutely stunning! Love Rowena

Josephine said...

That's gorgeorus, Vix. I love the colours, and the shininess (I'm a sucker for a bit of a shimmer) and ... everything.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh you are so creative! If only I had the time . . . xx

Juls said...

just lush! beautiful image! love the sheen on the card it is just beautiful!

Tab said...

Beautiful card, just adore the image and the colours are delish!
Hugs Tab xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I bet that shines!! Lovely colours and great idea :)

Made by Mandy said...

Hi Vix,

I have left an award for you on this post.

Circle of Friends Award

Anonymous said...

This is delish,I would love some of those starburst stain's....
By the way thank's for your help at crafty cardmaker's blog.
I am sure I will get my head around it eventually....
Thank's so much for taking the time to help:0)
x
Vicky

The Stamp Man said...

Another lovely project, love the colours, layout and the flowers too.

Jillx