Followers

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Mothers Day at Bearly Mine

Theres a new challenge over at Bearly Mine starting today and thats Mothers Day.  For this I challenged myself a little as I normally shy away from too florally papers, just not my bag but Donna has recently brought out this set called Floral Fantasy so I printed a few out to have a look and  decided to follow a sketch just to see how it looked and have to say I *REALLY* like these papers!  I've surprised myself a bit as they're not my usual type but they've just worked together beautifully!  I've paired them with my favourite Simply Dots which balances it just right.

There are 3 prizes for this challenge - 5 digis from Whimsey Stamps, 2 sets of papers from Bearly Mine and a rubber stamp from Bildmalarna .

I've used a Magnolia stamp called Tilda with Lilac coloured with promarkers and a bit of coloursoft pencil and added some flowersoft (sweet pea) for dimension.  Flowers have all been glittered with stickles and I've added pink and blue iridescent gems plus some clear iridescent on the butterflies (Martha Stewart punch)






I'd also like to enter into...

21 comments:

meeshka said...

It's gorgeous, Vix! The pencils and Pro's work really well together, eh?
Love the flowersoft flowers too. Just a totally fabby card ;)

Hugs, Meesh. xx

jackid said...

I love this card so pretty I love how you have used the flower soft on it too gorjuss
Jacki xx

Jane said...

Too much gorgeousness in one day...gonna need to lie down!

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful card!!! Love your blog with all of your beauitful artwork!!
hugs, Janiel

ike said...

This is sooo pretty. Lovely image and beautifully done.
Thanks for joining SSDS this week.

Ike
SSDS DT

Deb said...

Your card is stunning...i was on the challenge blog, and your card caught my eye, and I had to read the deets....Absolutely Beautiful! Hugs

http://debby-paperpearls.blogspot.com/

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, love the papers
Clairex

jackiescrafts said...

What a beautiful card I love the image and the colours you have used
Thanks for joining in at SFC

Jackie x

Angel said...

Absolutely stuuning !!!
The attention to detail is amazing.

Thanks for joining us at sfc, Good luck.

Huggies Angel

tt.scraps said...

As always you knock my socks off!!
Great job!!!
Thanks for joining us on SSDS!
Happy Spring!
Tammy SSDS DT

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Sarah said...

Very cute! Love the flowersoft, beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

Phatelara said...

So purrty!! Love the colours!

Debbie, Crafty Heart

Dawn said...

Just beautiful, I love it. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Tammy L said...

Wow I love all your layers and your embellies on this! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sarah Hurley this week and I hope we'll see you again!
Tammy

Judie aka Craftymess said...

lush Vixy !!!

hugs
Judie xx

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, so many beautiful details. Great card.

Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts Dieing to Punch Challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

Chocolate Orange said...

Such a stunning card.
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time this week. Good Luck !
Choccy x

Lynn said...

How gorgeous! I love the colours and Tilda is beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges:)
huggs
Lynn xx
And good luck x

Just A Pac Rat said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful colors! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSDS. Good luck with all the challenges.

circlebenterprises.com

Sarah Hurley said...

Lovely card!

Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this week :o)

Sarah x