Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Crafts & Me #11 - Petals & Pearls

This challenge has my teamie Tracy's name all over it! She has chosen Petals & Pearls for our challenge at Crafts & Me.
For this one I chose the beautiful Krista by Hannah Lynn exclusive to Crafts & Me here. I adore Hannah's stamps, they're so bold and colourful :)

Image is coloured with promarkers with tiny pearl detail. Background matting is starburst stains as is the stamp "Dream" who I cant remember who its by but is it something to do with sir tim? Papers are various including bearly mine designs designer extreme 3 and K & Co. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts & Hobbycraft, pearls have been coloured orange and yellow with promarkers. Stitching is faux as I gave up trying to rethread my machine, need one of those threader thingies which Ive got.... somewhere.....! Leaves are punched from starburst stains. I've added a calendar to make it a bit more than a birthday card.

Also if you are in the Canterbury area, Leonie from Create & Craft is seeking crafters to help with a Macmillan coffee & wine evening details here. I'm obviously too far as I'm ooop Norf in Cheshire but I have pledged I will make some items that can be sold for proceeds and this is one of them. You'll probably notice most of my DT cards over the next couple of weeks or so wll be "useful" easels like the post its and calendars as they'll all be heading down to Leonie to donate to Macmillan.




Entering this into..
Wild Orchid - One for the girls
Fab n Funky - Flower Power
OSAAT - Punches (Punched leaves)
Pollycraft - In stitches (Faux! Actually I was going to do real but I couldnt thread the machine!!!)

13 comments:

Dotpat said...

It is gorgeous Vix, I am sure they will love it

Carol Ann said...

Gorgeous easel card calendar very pretty colour palette and image and just love those flowers! Thanks for playing along at OSAAT.
Carol Ann xx

Jack said...

Love the layout of this one, beautiful as usual. xx

Tammy said...

WOW...this is gorgeous!! I love the image and your colors are amazing. Great coloring and what a great idea for a desk calendar!!

Juls said...

amazing! Love that image!!! and the colours are just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous as usual Vix. Hope the whining has stopped!

Hugs Tracy x

Diamond Doll said...

Gorgeous calendar Vix,love the colours and fab flowers.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!

Gemma said...

wow this is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our Pack a Punch challenge this week! Gemma :)

Emma H said...

Ooh, it's beautiful, love the colours! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

andrea said...

stunning card,love the colours and detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Bev said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card!! I love your choice of beautiful papers and wonderful details. Thanks for joining us at WOC x

crafty amy said...

Another great calendar sweetie! I just adore what you can do with these Hannah Lynn stamps :D

Hugs

Amy xx